– Main objectives of the Virtual Exchange
- Providing teacher candidates with international experience in discussion and collaboration with their international peers on topics and tasks related to the integration of technology in language teaching.
- Participants will not only gain experience in using and analyzing different digital tools for language teaching but also increase awareness of their own and their partners’ culturally situated education practices and uses of technology.
- Provide participants with the opportunity to become aware of cultural norms for interaction and collaboration and ask them to develop skills and knowledge such as empathy, self-awareness, and intercultural communicative competence.
– Targeted learning outcomes
- Identification and illustration of a sociolinguistic theme that occurred during the VE.
- Pre-service English teachers will learn about and experience international telecollaboration. They will develop a part of their future teaching curriculum which includes VE between Istaeli school aged kids and other kids around the world.
– Global task description
Language teacher education partnership. This exchange will also have a facilitated dialog as part of Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange.
|Partner / department||Course||Language of instruction||Number of students|
|Malmö University, Sweden / Culture, Languages and Media||Language Variation in Educational Contexts||English||30|
|Ohalo Academic College, Israel / English Department||The Use of Technology in the English Language Classroom||English||28|
Start and end date
6 May 2019 – 14 June 2019
Teacher training with subject specialisation
Integration and assessment
Students must give a group presentation on one sociolinguistic theme that ocurred during the VE. This presentation is assessed. VE tasks and experience are cohesively integrated with the other tasks during the course. The tasks completed during VE are included in the final portfolio of the course assignments and are graded as 20% towards the final course grade.
Technology tools used
– Learning environment
– Collaboration tools
Zoom/Skype, Google Docs