– Main objectives of the Virtual Exchange
- Experiencing a VE.
- Practising the English language related to CALL.
- Reflecting on VE task design.
- Giving access to different approaches and methodologies for teaching.
- Improving teaching skills.
– Targeted learning outcomes
- Intercomprehension skills development.
- Intercultural competence improvement.
- Pedagogical tasks designing.
– Global task description
Get to know each other; get information on and discuss educational contexts; set up a list of criteria for a telecollaborative task; design a task for another (upcoming) VE with a new partner.
|Partner / department||Course||Language of instruction||Number of students|
|Université Grenoble Alpes, France / Language didactics||Télécollaboration en langues||French/English||17|
|Universidade Estadual Paulista ‘Julio de Mesquita Filho’, Brazil / Modern Languages||Língua Inglesa III||Portuguese/English||13|
Start and end date
14 November 2019 – 20 December 2019
Integration and assessment
- Fully integrated: the whole course is dedicated to the above mentioned course objectives; Reflective text on the VE / on the course; Assessment of a designed VE task.
- Adaptation of VE tasks to students´ levels and needs; Balance between synchronous and asynchronous activities.
Technology tools used
– Learning environment
– Collaboration tools